Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Lets Talk Traditional Bowhunting > Steps to llow Broadheads during MS Squirrel Season

joey buchanan

Hey guys, i have mentioned in previous posts on TGang about how "allowing broadheads during Squirrel season" will open up us a chance to bow hunt hogs after deer season and during May squirrel season on STATE  ( maybe Fed) land. Do not have a clue how or why that law " small game only hunted by bows and arrows can only us blunts"   A blunt can kill a squirrel ......:roll:......sometimes................but a broadhead 10-1 more effective and efficent.  SO... I have spoken with my local state senator and a friend on the Wildlife Commision.  Both listened and really thought this idea has some wheels. Especially about the part it would sell more more WMA permits to out of staters looking to hunt hogs in off season.$$$$$.......so talk it up to your local state rep......the law has to be changed by them not Wildlife Commision.........this has traction and could open up much needed opportunity for us to bow hunt hogs where it is needed on state lands.

--

September 13, 2017 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zack Kile
I agree and this is where it pays to have a large community of trad hunters to lean on the representatives.
September 13, 2017 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

South MS Bowhunter
Along with that Joey, perhaps a suggestion to create a permit of some type that would allow hog "removal" on state lands year round. A resident and non-residents fee could be charged again more $$$ for state coffers.
September 14, 2017 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

joey buchanan

South Ms B....nice!!  ....great idea.....

--

September 15, 2017 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

South MS Bowhunter

Any new status Joey?

January 15, 2018 at 11:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.