Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Lets Talk Traditional Bowhunting > 2017 2018 Rendezvous Camp Out suggestions??

joey buchanan

Hey guys, seeing some mometum again. Lets talk ideas for Hunt/ Campout!  Hogs/deer/ and Boston Butt contest!!  we need a place close to camp.  lets here them/  joey

--

August 28, 2017 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Steed
I am good with wherever. I will most Likely only be able to camp/hunt Friday and Saturday. Choctaw Wildlife Management area in Ackerman is really nice. Also Panther swamp and Hillside is suppose to be good hunting. I am ready; just let me know what you guys want to do.
August 28, 2017 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

South MS Bowhunter
Hey Joey the St. Catherine creek NWR will not allow aboard heads during the small game season (see my post on TG). So it appears out of the running during February. Is February the only timeframe option?
September 14, 2017 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ron Dodge
Hunting get togethers is a good idea, but selecting one hunting site in the entire state isn't really workable for most members. My suggestion would be to create committees in the different regions of the state to select a site within their region. That would give members a choice of where to hunt. Many of our members work or are not able to travel during the year. Members are more apt to hunt locally because they know the area and are familiar with the hunting in those regions. For example, at 74 years age I limit my hunting to the local NWR. I am just not interested in travelling to central or south Mississipp. No matter what our individual situation may be, I think most members have a similar motivation.
--

October 23, 2017 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

South MS Bowhunter

Joey or others whats the current status on the get together?  Let me know if i can help in any way, thanks.

January 15, 2018 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.