Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Lets Talk Traditional Bowhunting > tree saddle hunting

swampsnyper

Anyone here use one? 

For years I've been looking into them. Reading reviews and watching them upgrade. After every season, I always find myself looking back at them. For my style of hunting, there are just too many benefits to not try it. From the reviews I've learned that you love it or hate it. I think a lot of the haters haven't practiced with it long enough to find a comfortable setting on it, and the ones that love it hunt from it almost 100% of the time now. Just like swapping from a glove to a tab, I made myself like it because it seemed more beneficial. Same as hunting with the quiver on my bow. It was all arkward at 1st but I practiced with it till it became normal because I felt it was worth it.  Now there is a new saddle that came out last year I think, the aero hunter Evolution. This is more like a rock climbing harness than the others. It has a lot of adjustments that the others didn't have so it can fit more peoples comfort style. And its just 5 pounds. Thats got to be close to what most safety harness weigh. I could lose the weight of my lonewolf assault which is 11#s. Still would need my lonewolf sticks or woodpecker drill. I already carry a safety harness so swap out my harness for a tree saddle. Then the benefit of having more trees available to hunt, can shoot 360 around the tree if needed, don't have to worry about my stand getting stolen because I'm wearing it, and it has to be more comfortable than sitting in the assault all day. I think the benefits are worth a try. I set up my rock climbing harness similar to hunting out of a saddle just to take a few shots in the yard to get an idea how it would be. I think I'll like it.  I'll practice out of it all summer, then if I don't like it or can't get use to it, the aero hunter evolutions have a great resale value, so I won't be out of much. We shall see.

April 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Turdyptbuck

Sounds good! Send pics and let us know how it goes!

April 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

Probably won't get it for another month. They not cheap! Need to collect a few more cans off the sides of the roads!

April 9, 2015 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman
Just won a bid on eBay for a trophy line tree saddle new un used $212.50 free shipping can't wait to try it out
May 3, 2015 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruger

It's your birthday tomorrow!  Splurge a little on yourself

May 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

Thats the plan!

May 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

Got my Aero Hunter Evolution in today. Lots of adjustments to fine tune but for the breif time in it hanging, I found it comfortable. Not sure how it will feel in an hour of hang time. Yet to see. Still need to fine tune adjustments for it to fit me perfectly. Gonna take some time playing with it. Thats why I wanted to get it early this summer to practice with it.

1st thing I didn't like was having to step into the leg straps. Thats gonna be fun with big muddy boots. But I'm determined to get it figured out. It just has to be a good tool in the woods!

May 8, 2015 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Is it light and small enough to wear it all the way in the woods? What I did with my tree saddle was bring a bag with a built in tarp type of deal that I catried my final later and scent stuff in. When I would get a couple hundred yards out I would take off my bag, spread the tarp deal out, and get my clothes and stuff right, but I could take my boots off and stand on it in socks without getting funky. Then I would just stash the bag there and ease to my stand ready to go. Repeat process in reverse on the way out.
--

58" Crooked Stic Longbow 67# @ 30"

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
If you want me to I can try and find the bag I'm talking about and show it to you. Or I can just pull it out when we go fishing. It's pretty sweet and probably super cheap. Only kicker is that I got it in England, but I'm sure we could find one online here if you liked it.
--

58" Crooked Stic Longbow 67# @ 30"

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

Its doesn't feel any different than wearing a safety harness in. I really like it. Been practicing out of it a lot. 

July 26, 2015 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.