Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Lets Talk Traditional Bowhunting > 2015 Rendezvous

Swampdog

Our shoot at Yazoo Bowhunters is August 15th and is a benefit with all proceeds going to Batson Children's Hospital. The dates are wide open for the  2015 Rendezvous as for as I know at this time. I'm acting president for the YBH this year and my contact info is on our web page. Y'all come up with some firm dates and I'll try and make it happen. I'll also check on camping cost.

July 22, 2015 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Sounds great, thanks guys. Like JJ was saying it will be a lot more comfortable. How does the first weekend of Nov sound to everyone? Have it set up for maybe fri-mon and guys come and go as able.
--

58" Crooked Stic Longbow 67# @ 30"

MTB, ARTAC

July 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Damn phone typing- Comfortable in Nov
--

MTB, ARTAC

July 23, 2015 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Steed
First weekend in November sounds good to me. Which management area are we going to hunt?
July 24, 2015 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sarge

I have no knowledge of the opportunities available in MS to give my opinion, just hope I can attend whatever ya'll put together.

Sarge

July 24, 2015 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman
I'm in depending on dates . Can't carry a tune but I now how to cook . What about this shoot might make it directions for it would help would be heading north on Hwy 55 from Tickfaw La. Let me know how I can help if I can .
July 24, 2015 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman
Maybe I can hook up with Brucker to make that shoot
July 24, 2015 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jgory

I am interested. Will look for info as it comes out.

July 24, 2015 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bigfoot1408

as far as i know now i am in. i live too close to camp but i will attend the festivities. and the hunts.

hogtie and shanghai mr brewer into running the grill.

i am committed to  the Native American Days  festivities at the Winterville Mounds State Park at about the same time as you are proposing,  so i will have to see how it goes.  i vote for the full weekend hunt/meet/greet.

--

Do Unto Others     then run really fast

July 25, 2015 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Swampdog

I checked available dates today for Yazoo Bowhunters. Starting Nov. 17 thru what ever is wide open. We usually have a group that stays opening weekend of primitive weapons on refuges but they have not signed up yet.  

July 25, 2015 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Swampdog- you make the final call on the dates for a four day weekend and post it we'll all do our best to make it. FOOD- how does everyone feel about chipping in a few bucks for grub sat night? Every man for himself the rest of the time. May be a late dinner because hunting comes first. Swamp dogs dates work out for me then I can cook a gumbo or something unless someone else wants to. ( first weekend of November is the only time I can for sure make it as of now). Cajun mountain- we can def link up for the trip. I am always looking for gas splitters!
--

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Joey is working on that rose oak bow for the giveaway and said if that doesn't work out then he will find another, so we will be having a bow giveaway. Joey is also working on a speaker. I think a preacher or something for Saturday night so religious fellas can hunt Sunday in good conscience. Swampdog is hashing out final details on dates and camping. I will take care of the community meal for sat night IF it is on a date that I can make (everyone will need to help split the food bill.)
--

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Can anyone think of anything else that needs to be covered or done? anything were missing or forgetting?
--

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Jason Bagala volunteered to set up everyone's camp sites so guys can get right in the woods, so that was nice of him.
--

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman

Brucker are you planning to make that shoot if so let me know will try to make it if I can .

Will be watching for dates, travel info to campsite ect. Looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone , chipping in no problem, need some help cooking glad too let me know.

Also are 4 wheelers allowed or even needed on these WMA's ,What about boats  not familiar with any of these areas so any info welcome

July 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Cajun M, yes indeed on everything! I am going to do everything in my power to be there. I may be going to Montana to help my BIL chase elk and mules, but don't have dates yet. We will get info posted as soon as able. Where do you live? I am in Walker.
--

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman

Tickfaw on Old Genessee rd.

July 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
Ok cool. We were looking at a house out that way recently. How are the schools out there?
--

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman

Were you at the last ARTAC meeting I was running late and the meeting was already over when I got there but did get to talk to Mike and he filled me in shot a few targets man it was hot .

July 26, 2015 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman

They have some good schools out this way going outside to resume trying to dig out a rotten gate post that yellow wood is junk bellow ground grade in the ground in concrete 4 years rotten to the core call any time 504-234-7337

July 26, 2015 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.