Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Lets Talk Traditional Bowhunting > Now what?

swampsnyper
Now that deer season is over and everyone has picked up their guns and compounds, and pulling their stick bows out again for 3d maybe we could get some more participation on the site. Lol How was everyone's season? I was going over all my footage from this season and I'm sad to see it over. Lots of close calls. My son, while blood trailing one of his deer, put my camera down somewhere in the woods and we can't find it. I'm kinda relieved I don't have to tote it anymore. Trying to self film and trad hunt was tough. Hopefully next season I can put more deer on the ground and hopefully get a big one. I'm really looking forward to just hunting for a change. I hopped across the border and squeezed in one last weekend in louisina since archery season ends on Feb 15. Should have had 2 more deer for the freezer. Had a spike I watched the fletching going right to the pocket and he ran off. Went look for my arrow and couldn't find it. Followed his tracks for 100 yards, no blood. Had to miss but don't know where that arrow went. Next day had some does come in. Shot the biggest one. Pass thru arrow soaked in blood. Good blood trail all the way to the river where she went in. Couldn't find tracks where she would have came up on other side, no sign on same side where she would have came back. Road the banks the next morning to see if she drowned and got washed up and nothing. Can't catch a break but it as a fun year . Ready to do it all again.
February 17, 2015 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shiloh

Goind to concentrate on the turkey birds until about the middle of May and then shoot a lot before a September elk hunt in Montana.  Hopefully I will have enough confidence to take my long bow!  I hope to get signed up for a Rick Welch school at some point this summer to help improve my shooting.  I went 6 for 6 this year and only made one bad shot, but for some reason my confidence is not where it should be.  I still feel like I was very lucky on several shot!  I hope to get a buck next year.  This is my second consecutive year without killing one.

February 18, 2015 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker

Turkeys Turkeys Turkeys... didnt have too much time for deer hunting,but busted ass to make sure I have time for turkey season. I want to try and get one with a bow near the end of season.

--

58" Crooked Stic Longbow 67# @ 30"

MTB, ARTAC

February 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELTA BOW
If the weather keeps up we will be hunting turkeys in the snow. They had low brood hatch in 2013 so this year isn't supposed to be real good for 2 year old birds, but they had a good hatch in 2012. So they claim most birds you are calling at will be 3 year olds.
February 25, 2015 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker

That should make for an interesting season Delta.  You located in the delta?

--

MTB, ARTAC

February 25, 2015 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELTA BOW

Brucker, I'm from Greenwood leflore county. What about you? I believe it will be a very interesting season.

February 25, 2015 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker

I moved to Baton Rouge right before deer season, but lived in/ hunt in Vaiden. 

--

MTB, ARTAC

February 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DELTA BOW
I grew up hunting in vaiden until the man that owned it died and his kids got it and sold it. Now I do most of my hunting not far from Carrollton. I also do a good bit of hunting on malmaison wma
February 27, 2015 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker

OK, I am sure we probably know some of the same poeple in that area then!

--

MTB, ARTAC

March 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.