Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Meat Pole > Public Land Buck

CD

photo 2014-12-02081038.jpg

I spent a week hunting with some old friends on public land in AR.  I shot this one at 7 steps as he walked under me.  He ran about 150yds.  I used my '69 Super Kodiak.  I was shooting GT3555 arrows with a Tree Shark on the business end.  My other arrows have Magnus I's on them, but my #1 arrow had a shark up front! :)

CD

December 9, 2014 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Clayton Dinkins

Awesome buck! Congratulations!!

December 9, 2014 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shiloh

Great job CD!!!

December 10, 2014 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruger

Very nice buck.  How did the Simmons perform?

December 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crooked Stic

Congrats on a nice buck. I think he will be pretty tender eating.

December 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CD

He should be good eating... a healthy 2.5 yr old deer.

The Simmons did well... he is dead. :D

But I did not get an exit hole... It went through his shoulder muscle (missed the shoulder blade) and cut 2 ribs in half as it entered the chest cavity.  The point just poked/penetrated into the opposite side of the rib cage.  Shaved a piece off his heart going through.  But the broadhead absolutely DESTROYED his lungs as it danced around in his chest cavity while he barreled through the woods.  It made a BIG hole going through the hide (didn't take a pic) but I didn't get much blood trail due to the high entry.  I actually didn't try to track him... I just walked to where I thought I heard him crash and there he was.  No major blood trail on the ground as I walked up to him.

I have shot 2 deer with the Tree Shark... one with a 45# Super Kodiak and this one with a 50# Super Kodiak.  Neither have given me an exit hole....  I know... placement is key...  The other deer was almost straight down, went through the shoulder blade and into the chest.  That deer made it about 75yds...

My next deer will likely be shot with one of my 'ole Magnus I's.

CD

--

December 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Steed
What a great buck!!!!!!! Congratulations , a nice deer with a nice bow. Got to love those Super Kodiak's.
December 11, 2014 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

Great job! 

December 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.