Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Meat Pole > Doe control

Shiloh
 photo F8182966-4C09-4F81-99B5-2D8BA6A6C29B_zps7up9f87i.jpg Went to the delta to help a buddy with a Fathers in the Field event, but before the kids showed up we got to make a morning hunt. We set up on opposite sides of a narrow slough. I shot the doe within 20 minutes of setting up and he shot the hog about 10 minutes later. I hit the doe exactly where I wanted to, but it ended up missing heart and lungs and just getting liver. We jumped her out of a top about 1.5 hours after the shot and knowing that she was liver hit we pushed her and she was dead within minutes. My shot couldn't have missed the lungs by more than 2".
November 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruger

You are on fire man!  Great kill

November 24, 2014 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WarrenWomack

Congratulations Josh. Looks like you have a firm grip on this traditonal bowhunting stuff. :)

--

>>>==Warren==>>>

November 25, 2014 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shiloh

Thanks guys!!  I have been as surprised as anyone about the kills this year.  I fear that the goofup will come when the horns show up.  I think the key will be to stick within what I feel is my effective range and not compromise.  I missed a pig from the ground after the doe kill that should have been an easy shot, but it seems that with the deer I have been able to talk myself through the shot sequence, but when I don't take the time to do that the wheels fall off.  How is your season going Mr. Warren??  I have read all of the Core stories and I am ready for something new to read!!

November 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WarrenWomack

Josh, Whatever you're doing don't change anything, it's working.

Josh, I've had a lot better seasons, for sure. I'm finally starting to see a few deer so hopefully it will get better.

If you're finished all the reading maybe you would like to listen to some pod-cast interviews. The first one starts at the bottom of the list.    http://www.bayoubucks.com/radio/index.html

--

>>>==Warren==>>>

November 25, 2014 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shiloh
Thanks Mr. Warren!! I will do that. I am glad that you have kept these records. They have provided lots of enjoyment for many of us.
November 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

Good job! Fun times!

November 26, 2014 at 7:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shiloh
Thanks Snyper......btw.....I PM'd you back my number.
November 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.