Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Lets Talk Traditional Bowhunting > If you haven't, you should......

Shiloh

go to outdoorcore.com and read Mr. Warren's journal.  I am about half way through it and it has been a joy to read and look at the 1000's of pictures!

Mr. Warren,

This may seem strange, but I want to know more about the woman behind the man.  She has to be a true treasure to put up with you being gone that much over the years!!  I have a good one, but with three younguns I am glad I have a place to hunt right out of the back door!!

October 31, 2014 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Steed
Unbelievable, that is so cool. Mr.Womack you are a true bowhunter my friend. Shiloh they say behind every good man, there is a better woman. Congradulations on the many,many successful bowhunts.
October 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Clayton Dinkins

I agree that the Womack journals are a must read. Mr. Womack is a living legend. I am sure his wife is an incredible woman who understands and appreciates his passion for the outdoors.

November 1, 2014 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WarrenWomack

I'm happy to know that y'all took the time to check out "The Womack Journals..." and found them intersting. I'm a charter member of that site and in it's early stages the owner, who's a friend, ask me if I would contribute to the site with some of my journal entries.

Josh, my wife has been a blessing. We were high school sweethearts that started dating at age 14 and married 52 years ago at age 18. Being so young we waited 5 years before starting a family that has grown from three kids to 12 grandkids and 4 great grand kids. During all of that time she's supported my addiction to hunting and all the good and bad that came with it. Her favorite thing in life is and always has been God & Family.

--

>>>==Warren==>>>

November 2, 2014 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shiloh
That's good stuff Mr Warren. Good women are one of God's greatest blessings!! Are you still contributing to the journal on a yearly basis? Do you still keep in contact with Lloyd and is he still killing deer?
November 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WarrenWomack

I'm still active with the site but I've slowed down on my Journal entries. Maybe I'll add some more this summer after turkey season is over.

Yes, Lloyd's a great friend and we stay in contact even though we don't hunt together as much as we once did. Right now he has other obligations that has put hunting on the back burner. He won't climb for a hunt unless there's a very high percentage of getting a shot, plus now he's more selective on what he shoots. I'm very fortunate to have had Lloyd for a hunting partner. I consider him the best hunter that I've ever been in the woods with.

--

>>>==Warren==>>>

November 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruger

I saw his scouting skills up close this weekend.  He's not familiar with my lease at all, but he was still only one hunt away from hanging meat on the pole this weekend.

November 3, 2014 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crooked Stic

Mr. Womacks writings are about the only good thing on that site.:(

November 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruger
BTW, warren's wife certainly is a special lady
November 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Clayton Dinkins
I got a great Christmas present from my father inlaw. He gave me his loc on stand (not sure what model) that he no longer uses! It's super light and in great shape. Last night I ordered an Alice pack and an E-Z kut hand drill. I am very excited to hunt Warren Womack style!
December 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker
I haven't had much time to read much yet, but this guy is awesome! The kind of person you want to try and hang out in his hip pocket as long as you can! We should try to get him to be a speaker type of deal at the rendezvous!
--

58" Crooked Stic Longbow 67# @ 30"

MTB, ARTAC

July 26, 2015 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

Just share a campfire with him. Always a good time. No need to get in another mans pocket Brucker! I changed my mind about hunting with you next year. You are on your own!

July 26, 2015 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brucker

I plan on it! Hunting with me?!? Im gonna be hunting with you in your spots! I need to put some new waypoints in the ole GPS!

I tell you what, Ive been reading and looking at pics on there for about 3 hours now, and its getting me fired up for oct. 

--

58" Crooked Stic Longbow 67# @ 30"

MTB, ARTAC

August 11, 2015 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

swampsnyper

His Journals do get you fired up and make you want to hunt harder.

August 12, 2015 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.