Mississippi Traditional Bowhunters

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Traditional Shoots > Traditional only shoots

bigfoot1408

On august  the 23 there will be a traditional shoot at  the Jack  Williams  tree farm in Learned,Ms.  This shoot is to raise money to  upgrade the road into the range, , one range 30 targets, primative camping {tents road will not accomidate campers}.  Directions are on the website  southerntraditionalarchery.com

July 15, 2014 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bigfoot1408

On October 18th, the  Southern Traditional Archery  assn. will host a traditional only shoot at the  George P. Cossar state park  near Enid. ms.   go east on hiway 32 from I-55 towards Water Valley , about 4 miles to the park sign. 

One day shoot,  one 30 target setup, two  stakes, one easy one  not so easy. $20.00 fee ,, shoot till your arm falls off,,  this shoot is just for fun.  full service camping,

--

Do Unto Others     then run really fast

July 15, 2014 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Steed
Sounds like some fun. I hope I can make the August shoot. Thanks STA for the hard work you guys do.
August 6, 2014 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CD

My favorite shoot is at Tannehill, AL... just west of Birmingham. It is called the the Pre-Spring Arrow Fling. It is a 3-day non-competitive shoot with lots of vendors.  This year it is Feb 27th, 28th, and March 1st.  I always have a blast and usually take off Friday from work to attend.  It will be here pretty soon...

--

December 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crooked Stic

January 7, 2015 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Steed
My Son and I love the Alabama shoots, we are going to arrive on Thursday and camp all weekend. Any other MTB members going?
January 8, 2015 at 1:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jay Franklin

My family and I plan on going.  The plan is to drive over after work thursday, but that depends on work.  We will go friday for sure.

January 9, 2015 at 7:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Steed
Jay, let's meet up and shoot togather. I have a six year old that I am bringing with Me. He likes the bow shoots more than I do ( LOL ) When We get to a cool target like a bear or lion He puts a stalk on the animal and then shoots. It's funny to watch.
January 10, 2015 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cajun Mountianman

I am planning to attend this event this year , this will be my third year as a Compton member and haven't been able to make it but this year ill be there.

Not sure if I'll be able to take off that Fri. but will be there and camping out Sat.

Hope to see and meet some of you there.

February 1, 2015 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bigfoot1408

2015 schedule for  Southern Traditional Archery assn.

March  21-22  Learned Ms  {directions on the  southerntraditionalarchery.com website}

April   18-19   Learned,Ms

May  16-17    Enid Lake,persimmon hill ,  Jerry Pierce Memorial

June 27-28  Enid Lake Persimmon hill     Catch-A-Dream benefit shoot

october    17   George P Cossar state park  off I-55 Near Oxford Ms.  ,,, harvest festival get together shoot.

directions and info on the website    1 day,,2 ranges... 1price   no limit shooting. yall come

--

Do Unto Others     then run really fast

February 3, 2015 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.